Found my ex's facebook ...

So it has been about 6 years since we broke up and since I have seen him . I dated him all through high school, he was my first love, and he cheated and hurt me really bad... I always kind of hoped that he would end up miserable or atleast have somewhat less than I do.... I took pride that after him I met and married my husband and we had 2 beautiful children and bought a cute little house... Well I found his and his wife's facebook the other day ( on accident actually) and I literally felt like my heart sank, not only is he better looking but his wife does modeling and has my dream career of owning a salon. They have a brand new mansion, 3 new cars and also 2 kids. I have always been a good person he he treated me horribly, I know it sounds bad but this was one thing I kind of took pleasure in but now to realize he has all of that, I am on the verge of a divorce and losing our crappy little house...Need advice please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ((HUGS)) I'm so sorry, mamma. You're going through a rough time right now, it really sounds like you could use a friend :(

My best advice is to remember that just because he has all those things doesn't mean he's happy. Just because his wife is a model and owns a salon doesn't mean that he doesn't cheat on her or treat her like crap. It just means that she is willing to put up with it if he does.

We all have our journeys in this life, and yours is harder than most. But when you're 90 and look back on this, you will see that you learned something valuable, that you became stronger, and that it needed to happen for one reason or another.

I know it's hard to keep all this in mind, but you're a good person, you will find your way.

Brightest blessings, mamma, and PM me if you need to!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• His life may not be as perfect as it seems...most people's aren't. You just have no way of knowing what goes on behind (his) closed doors. Futhermore, you absolutely cannot sweat what he's doing, who's he's with ,etc at this point--it has no bearing on you. You need to put your feelings of anger and hurt behind you and fully move on with your own life.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• WOW THATS A TOUGH PILL TO SWALLOW. NORMALLY WHEN RELATIONSHIPS END ON BAD TERMS WE WANT THE OTHER PERSON TO BE MISERABLE AND SUFFER FOREVER BUT THATS JUST NOT HOW LIFE WORKS. U MAY BE GOING THROUGH ALOT RIGHT NOW AND GETTING A DIVORCE BUT U MAY BE GETTING READY TO BEGIN AN EVEN BETTER CHAPTER OF UR LIFE. DO NT DWELL ON WHAT UR EX HAS GOING ON. FOCUS ON GETTING ALL THE THINGS THAT U WANT OUT OF LIFE. SCREW HIM FOR HURTING U AND FOCUS ON URSELF AND UR BABIES. :)
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 7:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• if he treated you like crap, he probably treats his wife like crap too.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Nothing lasts forever. 3 cars, .... don't want it , and wouldn't even if I did own a salon, they must be doing something wrong to have that much money. Believe me when I say their is something that you should feel weird about these two. It's not normal to own a mansion and have 2 cars in this day of bad credit, like do they not have any bills. How are they going to be after it hits them and the children aren't really into their lifestyle. Sometimes this way of life is more traumatic on children,... later( maybe not now, but) it will surface I am not saying anything but personally I truly think that more is always more of a burden, and someone has to work more, and pay more for these things. A mansion, seriously. It sounds like a dream but really on cafe'mom it's probably just some joke, Haha nice joke.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 7:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• sorry, I'm laughing...your last line...You are just where you are suppose to be~check his page is a few years~watch him be embezzling or something....get thankful, smile at your husband like he is special and clean the glass and mirrors in your cute little home~

if you start zillowing his house, you have gone too far~it's none of your business~do something else that is actually going to make you feel good~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 7:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• just think about it he prolly cheats on her to i mean throw her some money hey hun go shoppin then he takes off to visit his mistress somewhere.. just remember it might seem prefect but everything has flaws.. sure they have a nice house and all tht but are they rly happy or is just the part they show on the internet happy.. i bet their not to happy
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 7:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I agree. People like taht rarely change. He is probably treating her poorly also
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 7:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• my advice is to stop wishing badly on others. you spent 6 years wishing him a miserable life, and where did it get you?
    concentrate on yourself and forget about that loser.

*the grass is always greener on the other side*
    tavczakbabe

Answer by tavczakbabe at 7:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Big HUG! Just because it looks good on facebook, doesnt mean that its real. They may not be as happy as they appear, and the kids are probably horrible little monsters..... Just love your kids more and hold your head UP!! Think of it this way, he cheated on you, whats to say that he's not on her?
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 7:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010