Do you have a business website?

I am working on my business website and I am having a hard time trying to find the right colors. I don't want it to be too flowerly and pastel but I also don't want it to be too dark and too serious like. In your opinion, what do you think would be the right colors for a business website?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 7:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Then I'd go with blues, greens, oranges perhaps. Pinks, purples, anything "kid-like" and you'll struggle to project serious professionalism. But if part of your image is extra-friendly (mom & pop type stuff), then you'll want to stay away from black, gray, white as those appear very crisp and formal.

If you haven't already, I would surf around other service-provider websites--they don't necessarily have to be the exact services you'll provide--to get a feel for layouts, colors, and tone of writing to understand how to "brand" your company.

I will send you a PM w/ a link to my family's website if you'd like so you can see what we did--I think it's similar to what you may be shooting for with yours.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It would completely depend on what kind of business it is and what image you'd like your company to project. Can you elaborate at all?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Two women in one of my networking groups have a similar business. Here is their website: http://aworldclassconciergeservice.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 9:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It is an errand service business. I do services such as house cleaning, home and pet sitting, grocery delivery service, and basic errand running. I want something professional looking yet warm and friendly.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Thank you! I have looked around at some websites that offer similar services and I they are from one extreme to the other. I have seen some that were just too pink for my taste and others were too serious like for my taste. I would love to look at your website if you don't mind.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010