Pot Luck Ideas.....?

We have meetings every few months at my work, and we have pot lucks, I am sick of bring and seeing the same things there so this time I want to bring something different.... but i cant think of anything intresting.....
maybe you could help! Thanks C=

LizaJayne

Asked by LizaJayne at 7:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• cheesy potatoes. Take a pound of frozen hashbrowns,a 14 oz can od cream of chicken soup,16 oz of shredded cheddar cheese,8 oz of sour cream,and a tbsp of butter or margarine and add them together-saving a little cheese for the top-in a casserole dish,bake covered with foil for 45 min,uncover and bake 15 min more. YUMMY!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Has anyone done a cold pasta salad? Itailan dressing, cold colorful spirally noodles, salami, olives... or a homemade dish that re heats easily like enchilades or lasagna? What about fruit cabobs or veggie cabobs just to make something basic more fun?
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 7:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I LOVE those cheesy potatoes and have myself brought them to many functions.
    How about turkey roll ups? Take tortillas and spread either ranch dressing or honey mustard on it and then a turkey slice or 2, then lettuce and cheese, roll it up and slice into circles. They're pretty and yummy too !
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We like this salad ...........

6 cups chopped lettuce
    2 cups frozen peas, thawed
    8 to 16 ounces bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
    2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mild Cheddar cheese
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
    1/4 cup sliced green onion with tops
    paprika

Place 3 cups of the lettuce in bottom of 13x9 pan or glass salad bowl. Layer vegetables in this order: peas, remaining lettuce, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese. Combine mayonnaise and sugar; spread over top, spreading to edge of bowl to cover entire salad. Cover and chill 24 hours or overnight. Garnish with green onion and a little paprika. Toss before serving.
    Serves 12 as side salad.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• OMG cheesy potatoes sounds amazing...can you make a fun punch (tends to be cheaper and easier to me) Koolaid sugar and sprite..... my co workers made me mini pickle roll up sandwiches for my baby shower and alot of people loved them flatten out slice of bread spread cream cheese add sandwhich sliced pickels cut and roll stick iwth tooth pick!? ummm...IDK the basics are always a hit. make a cheese ball!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• have you thought about making fruit salad? we make our fruit salad with: fruit cocktail, pistachio jello pudding mix, cottege cheese, cool whip, oranges, apples, kiwi fruit and walnuts.
    you pour the fruitcocktail juice out in the sink or a bowl and then you cut up the apples and oranges and mix it in the with the fruitcocktail add the pistachio jello, cottege cheese and cool whip then chop up the walnuts a little bit more and mix everything together. add the kiwi on the top of the mixture and their you go. its very delecious
    Supey

Answer by Supey at 7:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My fave take to a potluck items are:

Samosasas
    Vegetable Pokaras
    Aloo Tiki (potato cutlets) w/ mint chutney
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I often make a pasta/tuna salad with plenty of veggies in it and mix mayonnaise in right before we serve.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• google "dirt cake" or "kitty litter cake"! They are both great cakes! If done well they don't even look like cakes and the kitty litter cake can actually look really gross, but if your coworkers have good senses of humor and like chocolate they should be a big hit!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 8:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Deviled Eggs
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010