What do you think of the name...

Fisher? It's my mother's maiden name, and obviously my biological Grandfather's (whom I never met, he died before I was born) last name, and my Grandmother's stage name when she sang in the 50's-60's. I love it because it has so much history, but our last name is "Maughan" (pronounced Mawn) so I'm afraid our lil guy will be made fun of in school...what do you think?

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Baby Names

• I think it is really cute. But he will probably get called "fisher man" all the time at school

Answer by Decker at 7:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I like it!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i dont like it JMO it reminds me of fish..

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Not a fan of the name Fisher but name your child what you like.

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Maybe for a middle name.

Answer by geminisummerz at 7:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Fisher - mawn. Yep, the first name would be cute if that weren't your last name, but as it is? No, that's a terrible thing to do to a child! What a set up, and to be saddled with that for the rest of his life? My goodness, that would be hard!

Answer by justnancyb at 7:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• don't like it,
    was a good band though

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I love it!
    I think far too many people go out of their way to see how potential names will get made fun of, but kids will find a way to make fun of anyone!

Answer by tavczakbabe at 8:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i like it. and the fact that it has a lot of history makes it special. if i were you i would use it!

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I love the name Fisher for a little boy, but it might not work so well with the last name! Our last name is Main, so I haven't even brought it up in our name picking lists!

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 8:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2010