My 2-year-old will not eat AT ALL - not picky - just doesn't eat

There are days, like today, when my son will eat 2 bites of frozen yogurt and nothing else. It REALLY concerns me. I'm sure it coincides with growth spurts but I still don't think it's good for him to not eat at all during the day. We have tried different kinds of food and different textures, everything. I don't think he's "picky" where there are only a couple things he'll eat because when he's in the mood to eat, he'll eat anything. Please help!!!

AmberAllgris

Asked by AmberAllgris at 7:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is he drinking anything?
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You're preaching to the choir sister! My daughter is just like that. Some days she eats a lot, but makes up for that with a week of barely eating. All you can do is continue to offer healthy choices and he'll eat when he's hungry.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• calories in drinks~I have known kids to do this~watch his weight
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 8:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Is he drinking anything?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I would see if he would drink a pediasure. My son can be the same way. At times he could eat you out of house and home and other times he just picks.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• He drinks whole milk, and only whole milk. Our pediatrician saysthat as long as hes drinking milk and still very active(not lethargic), he's fine. I'm not that convinced. I think he needs more than just milk.
    AmberAllgris

Comment by AmberAllgris (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• This sounds totally normal! If he is healthy and in the normal weight range (Dr is not concerned about lack of weight gain etc.) then just leave him alone, and keep offering food without pushing it. He's not eating much right now because he doesn't need to. A normal healthy child will not starve when food is offered to them.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I gave him a pediasure tonight but it's chocolate and he doesn't like it really. I may try the vanilla ones.
    AmberAllgris

Comment by AmberAllgris (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• my son whos now 6 went through that phase when he was around the same age as your son. i just let him kind of eat during the day like snack and tried to ask him what he wanted to eat for lunch and dinner and most of the time it was fast food that he wanted lol so i gave him the pediasure and he drank that it helped me knowing he was alteast getting his nutrients from the pediasure
    Supey

Answer by Supey at 8:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Have you tried the yogurt smoothies? Don't worry thay all go through that.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2010