If you were single

Where would you go to find a guy?? I know this is a crazy question but my ex and I just broke up after 9 and a half years I started dating him when I was 15 He treated me soo wrong I just don't have any clue what to do. I really don't even have friends b/c me and my ex were together 24/7 and didn't really go anywhere. What do i do i hate being alone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• church, bar(clubs), grocery store, book stores, pet shop, sports store.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• ask friends if they know anyone single worth dating.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I surely wouldn't be alone just because we split! I have never been the type to wait for others to act - I go out and do what I want - including dating!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Get in touch w/yourself!! Being in a relationship is wonderful but being in touch w/#1 is really important!! I know it can be hard and even lonely at times but it's so smart and very healthy to be able to be alone with yourself,you may even find that you will enjoy having some "me" time!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 8:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Best thing to do: what you want to do. Don't focus your life on finding another guy. If you like dancing go to clubs, if you like playing pool, go to bars; etc... Do what you like doing, be self centered for a while and find someone who likes to do what you like to do without even looking for him! I would enjoy being single for a while if I were you. Have fun, call upon some casual aquaintances (guys and girls) (friends from work, neighbors, frieds of the family) and ask them to hang out and start with that.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 8:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• being single for 17 years now (I want to be single really)..it is the classes. sign up for Meet Ups in your area and join a hiking group, camping, a group biking thru where ever...guy like to do stuff...they pride themselves on their freedom and their sports and want to enjoy it with a girl...parallel play!

The bars are funky, on line dating is chancy...you want to get lucky, go to a bar a get drunk..but if you want to make a guy friends I think being sporty works~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 8:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i would not worry about getting with some one right now. i would concentrate on getting to know yourself. starting w someone at 15 and being with them for 9 years is a long time. you went from a child to a women in that time. you need to get to know who that woman is ..her wants goals and needs....dont fret about men right now. the lonelyness is hard but is only there because you are used to being with someone all the time....it will lessen and go away. and if you have kids i would concentrate on what is best for them....because they should be your number 1 priority. GL
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Just relax and take breath mama...everything will be alright. He probably feels the same way you do. Stay focused on you right now and be confidante and strong. Don't allow him to see you falling apart, especially if he treated you bad. Let him be the one to apologize and say that he misses you . I am sure you two will work it out, although I don't know the whole story...but if it's meant to be it will be, and if not then maybe it's time to move on.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I agree with momthruivf. Make sure you get to know yourself. I also took classes and went dancing. I met people, but being a single mom, it was hard to do all of this stuff at times. I actually met my husband on an internet dating site.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Sit back and don't look for one. Its true that love will find you. A coincidental meeting will bring you together.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010