Do you know how to be selfish?

Mothers are notorious for forgetting to be true to themselves. Do you ever say no? How do people react when you assert yourself? Do you wish you didn't have to take the responsibilites of everyone on?

Cassarah

Asked by Cassarah at 8:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I sure do... and I'm pretty darn good at it.. :-)

If I'm not happy, I can't very well make others happy. If I'm not taken care of, I can't very well take care of others.. If I'm not the best me I can be. Then I won't be the best mom and wife that I can be.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I assert myself everyday. I don't take much grief from people

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Oh yeah, I can take that "selfish" stance easily. I'd go crazy if I didn't ever give myself ME time, or have something go my way once in a while.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• everyone knows how to be selfish is is just if they choose to do it. but i think standing your ground and being selfish are not one in the same. people generally know i dont let others push me around. i was done with being a door mat when i left my XH 2 1/2 years ago.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I need to be people takes advantage of u.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I'm learning and enjoying it. I like doing things for me. I used to do everything for everyone else and never felt appreciated. Now I appreciate me.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I am the momma that makes sure everyone else is all set and happy. But when everyone else is all set and I have to have some me time I take it. I feel bad most of the time cause I work early, early hours and then come home and i just want to spend time with my DD and hubby so taking time to myself doesn't come very often but I do take that time when i really have to. My whole life is my DD and hubby so i feel guilty most of the time when i take care of myself. But What makes me the happiest is seeing my DD and hubby happy.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I don't but my dh's ex does.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't call it selfish as much as making sure I'm taking care of myself as well as my family. A happy Mommy is a happy family:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I have always made sure to have my "me" time ever since my kids were babies.  It is something they have always known and accepted.  Same goes for their dad.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2010