Need help with severe swelling in my feet.

First of all, no I do not have preeclampsia. The doctor says I am just retaining too much water. I have been drinking alot of water and keeping my feet up but it doesn't seem to be helping. My feet are so swollen they feel like water balloons. It hurts so bad and I need to know how to get the swelling to go down. Please help me.

hornz102485

Asked by hornz102485 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Health

• When I was going to have my last baby my feet were swollen too...my older daughter would massage my feet and that helped some.It felt soooo relaxing too.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My SO will rub my feet if I ask but unless he uses lotion it hurts so bad and even still it hurts sometimes.
    hornz102485

Comment by hornz102485 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• OH, mama that sucks. I went through that with my first.

Make sure you limit salt sodium content. Eat lots of water heavy fruits and veggies each day.
    soak your feet in an epsom or pregnancy soak (earth mama angel baby makes a great one)
    stay cool.
    Have one small serving of caffeinated beverage like iced black tea (do NOT drink green tea) Caffeine is a natural diuretic, but don't have more than one.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• awe foot rubs are soothing- if we only had a device to massage. Hey that reminds me in some clinics and on some insurance , (you may want to ask) this device that pumps air in 1 inch rings surrounding your entire leg pushes the blood back to the heart. I am not sure of the devices name, .... but hopefully you'd be covered for this. The device is like an inflatable tube with sets of rings of air.
    hope this helps : )
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Cut back on the salt.... salt is in everything!!! So, it's kinda hard.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2010