My 8th month old had a raised whitish bump

My 8th month old had a raised whitish bump (but didn't look like a pimple) on the bottom of her foot. It was red around it and eventually the redness went away but I could see the bump-- then that faded. A day or two later I noticed one on the side of her face... and now today I noticed two on her leg. What could they be?? I thought maybe a bug bite but why are they biting her and not me... and we're inside I would have seen it since her and I are "glued at the hip" haha.... any suggestions?

RyanParkersMa

Asked by RyanParkersMa at 12:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Check her torso, front and back. Does she have any there? It might be chicken pox! I am going through this right now with my 2.5 year old. =)
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 12:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If she sleeps in her own bed, check her bedding for bed bugs. When we lived in our old apartment it was infested with bed bugs from the people that lived there before & we didn't know about it before moving in. We had to leave all of our furniture in the apartment because they're extremely hard to get rid of. It may not be bed bugs but from what you describe that's what my son had on him.
    Anonymous

• my daughter had the same thing at that age. we took her to the doctor and he said it was "hand, foot, and mouth" disease. its a viral infection.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2008