16 weeks pregnant and having pains just on my left side...

I am having horrible pains all on my left side, so bad I can hardly move!!! This is my second baby, and I never had anything like this before!! Is this something I should get checked out ASAP or just wait until my dr appt on monday?

danielleaube

Asked by danielleaube at 9:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if it is unbearable yes call your dr.. most offices can even just take you there instead of sending you to the hospital..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• The pain has started to spread down my leg now... All I can do around here is go to the ER ...
    danielleaube

Comment by danielleaube (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• First, ask yourself

Is this gas?
    Is it happening only with certain movement/activities?
    Could this be ligament pain?

If you can't identify what the pain is and it really is that bad, then get in touch with your care provider. Just take a minute to de-freakout and analyze :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It is definitely not gas, and the only thing that feels better is not moving at all. It hurts just sitting here at my computer. I sound like such a baby... It is just so painful.
    I am hoping it is just my ligaments stretching...
    danielleaube

Comment by danielleaube (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• the one time I had that kind of pain it was associaed with placenta abruption. I'd def go to the ER and/ or call your doctor
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It could also be your kidneys like a kidney infaction or stones. I get them all the time and causes so much pain from my lower back all the way down my legs.
    Mandalxl

Answer by Mandalxl at 7:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Thank you all. I woke up this morning feeling a little better. I am going to see my DR on Monday so hopefully I can make it until then.
    danielleaube

Comment by danielleaube (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010