For those of you lucky to have a job, has your job become increasingly more demanding b/c of the economy?

This was a tough week at my work. We are sooo under staffed and with the vacation board being full the rest of us had to fill in for those who are out. They wont hire, they just keep adding more work volume and want it done in the same amount of time. Is this the same at your work too? Im toast tonight and I still have to work tomorrow....ugh,,,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• The amount of work we do is less now but less people doing the work too.

Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We keep getting dumped on too!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Listen at my job they hire people and half of them call in. i have gotten 3 raises and i just got a promotion the beginning of the week so needless to say we all need food so i love my job and I have job security.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I work at a jail so we are always under staffed
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• yes we just layed of some people. and we now have to pick up that slack and our hours got cut so we are now forced to do more work in less time. it is frustrating. i have a gut feeling that my job is about to close the doors...they are cutting down to a bare minamum crew. and i work for what once was a very high volume nation wide restaurant. they get rid of the bussers. the hosts and the to go people so now we only have servers and cooks and managers. fromt he outside looking in maybe that isnt so bad but from the inside looking out. omg...the work load is insane now...i am a cook...and i have been there for a long time so i feel safe unless they close. but it is getting scary....
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It sound like it is time for you to start a stealth job search!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• A resounding yes! I am expected to do more - do my job AND do other's jobs too.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Not really. I kind of have a job that most people wouldn't want. I'm the ISS teacher (in school suspension) for a middle school.
    NevadaSky

Answer by NevadaSky at 12:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010