Can you still wear contact lenses at our age? (late 40's)

I want to wear my contacts but for some reason they don't stay balanced/focused. I would like to wear them all of the time but they don't want to cooperate.
I wish they would invent some for swimming...lol or do they have them out and I don't know about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My mom is in her 40s and she can still wear contacts.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You may need to get a different brand. My mother wears then and she is 50 something.(I think)
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I am 47 and I wear them every day. I don't wear them to see though....they are cosmetic ones...my eyes are really dark brown and I have a pair that makes them look very blue...I love em. (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Are you saying in general they aren't staying in focus? You may need a differnt kind, that retains moisture and/or breaths better. I have always had that problem and I wear contacts mostly every day, all day. I don't think they will ever come up with something for swimming, that would mean it would have to stick to the eyeball without coming out in water. for that kind of money you could just get lasik.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My sister is 58, and has been wearing contacts since she was 12

Answer by rkoloms at 10:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Of course you can wear whatever you want when you want. Age is just a measurement of time. But in your description you ask about how to make contacts more comfortable, maybe your eye doctor can give you something to help reduce the irritation.
    smokeybear

Answer by smokeybear at 10:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yes u can
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Contacts can be worn at any age. Sometimes our eyes do change, especially with fluctuating hormones. I just got the bi focal lens. I just wear one in my left eye. That's it. It's wonderful!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I had to stop wearing them in my late 40s - my eyes got too dry for both hard gas permeable and soft lenses.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010