What's the weirdest thing that you did or was going on while you were breastfeeding?

Fill in the blank: I was breastfeeding and...

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breastfed 10 years of my life and did a lot of things; while my child had an EEG, while I was having a root canal, during a car accident (1980, way before car seat laws), during labor, at chemotherapy centers while I was recieving IV drug therapy for immune deficiencies, at chemotherapy centers at a major children's hospital while my baby had IVs in his head and his two brothers were also getting IV drug therapy for hereditary immune deficiencies (the 3 kids at once but not me), during concerts, in college classes, in the recovery room after cancer surgery, at the Ice Capades, camping, in a wheelchair (using hands to move wheelchair), at Cub Scout meetings, just about anywhere a mom would go in 10 years.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• buying a new car.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• eating like i was still pregnant
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 9:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I've done just about any daily chore while breastfeeding you can think of...vacuumed, laundry, not dishes tho...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• typed on the computer
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I was breastfeeding and sleeping
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• changing her diaper at the same time. it was NOT easy! lol
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• opening xmas presents.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Keisha, BF during exam is actually common. It helps keep the baby calm and relaxed rather than scared and screaming.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 11:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I was breastfeeding the doctor was examining the baby. He listened to her heart with the stethoscope and checked her ears with the microscope thingy they use.
    Yesterday was my 1 month old's doctor appointment and I had just started feeding her when the doctor came into the room. I offered to take her off the breast but he said it was okay and continued with the examination. I was pretty weirded out. Also, he had an intern with him (a kid who looked younger than my husband). I came home and told my husband about my experience and he said the doctors are used to it and I'm prob not the only one.
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2010