Tubal ligation reversal?

I had my tubes tied 5 years ago ( the doctor didn't cut them, they basically have a rubber band around them). I am considering the possibility of a reversal. Does anyone have any experience with this ?What are the chances of getting pregnant again? Does insurance cover the procedure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Health

• Most insurance doesn't cover the procedure because it is not necessary. I have not had the procedure but my friend did, she got pregnant again.
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 12:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Like sassay said, Insurance companies wont cover it. There are a lot of things that go into whether you can even have one reversed. Your age, your spouses sperm count, and in what condition your tubes are in. If you have not conceived by 6 months they will have to do a HSG to make sure your tubes are still opened and haven't collapsed. If they are, the only way to get pregnant again is IVF. If they are open there is a 70% chance that you will get pregnant in the first year after your reversal.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2008