When is enough, enough?

I know life comes up with unexpected happenings...like our car needed it's brakes changed today so my husband was doing that all morning, then he left to go out, i'm pregnant and ready to pop and nobody takes care of me. He doesn't say..."wow, your really having a hard time, I can't leave you with our three children while I go off and do other stuff"....
I"m just tired of not being thought of unless it works into someones schedule. I'm so drained...and whenever I stand up for myself I feel guilty and I feel like i'm being the bitch. I've seriously HAD IT! What am I supposed to do? I"m an emotional WRECK.

CAGirl4

Asked by CAGirl4 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• You have every right to be heated. Every right. The thing is you can't wait until you get to this point to say something. When he gets home tonight, you say, tomorrow you are watching the kids, I need some alone time. Then, remind him in the morning.

Follow up,
    and then don't give him a hard time if things aren't quite up to your standards... like the kids aren't wearing matching pajamas or he forgot to brush their teeth. (one night will NOT kill them, although you may feel guilty about it.) As long as his mistakes aren't life threatening, it's best to let daddy be daddy.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Sit your dh down and tell him these things.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Don't feel guilty and you are not being a bitch.. Just sit him down and tell him y'all need to have a heart to heart talk.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• tell your husband how you are feeling. he is the one person who is supose to be there for you and be understanding no matter what. just let him know you are overwhelmed and tired and you need a break.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I think you need to give him an ultimatum.... If you don't have family or friends that can help you out... Call a womans shelter.. They would be willing to help you with your kids and possibly help with getting you a place and daycare assistant. Good luck to you... If he doesn't want to help or respect you then I would tell him to help us or I will leave....
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• At times you have to grab by the shoulders and look him in the eyes and tell him how your really feel. Do take care.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• PS>..it was supposed to be my day to rest and relax, and I was all for him going as long as this morning went fine and I got a nap etc...but that didn't happen because of the brakes......I don't understand why he couldn't have just stayed...I was crying before he left and he said nothing about it.
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I do...and it lasts for all of 5 min. Seriously. It's back to the usual. I'm 38 wks along and i'm done. I'm snapping at my children because i'm just SO...WORN...OUT.
    CAGirl4

Comment by CAGirl4 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010