Is it rude to pimp out your own birthday?

My SIL completely ignored my birthday, forgot my dauaghter's first birthday, and now is hosting a birthday party for herself at the single most expensive bar in an 80 mile radius.

This is the second self thrown birthday party in a month I'm having to *awkwardly* not attend because
I can't afford ten-fifteen-twenty dollars for a drink
I don't have clothes to attend such nonsense anymore.

Do you throw yourself a birthday party every year... or does someone else do it for you?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 10:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• eh, at 41, i'm kinda over the throwing-a-party thing for my birthday. i have called a few close friends and we've gone out for dinner/drinks..but that's kinda like any other girls night-out. HOWEVER..i do expect a cake, a certain kind, every year, and when i don't get it, i do get rather pissy. just ask anyone who knows me...for everyone forgot it, and boy, did everyone hear about it!! lol!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i meant to say, last year everyone forgot it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• lol i've never thrown myself a party. my 18th was a suprise and after that we just go out to dinner for every birthday, no matter whose it is.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I have not ever had a birthday party as far back as I can remember. Want to come down here next year and throw me one? lol.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• it seems like it really doesnt matter anymore if you throw it yourself i guess as long as its a party
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 10:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I dont think its rude to throw yourself a birthday thing. After certain age, you are the only one who will. That or your SO.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We do family bar-b-q 's with cake and gifts or we go out to dinner and come back home for cake and presents. We don't do party's anymore. I use to party more before I was married and yeah, i mean my friends and family would maybe go out to some clubs after dinner but not throw myself expensive parties and places other's could not afford.
    Angeleyez08

Answer by Angeleyez08 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I agree with kuriequinn. If I want a b-day party, I'm throwing it myself. Although, I'm personally not the partying type, but whatever.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2010