Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Now what do I do?

Sent my landlord a note stating that dd's window box a/c unit stopped working. Havent heard back. Is he responsible to fix this? I gotta get this thing fixed cause its like 104 degrees during the day right now!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • if it belongs to the landlord/building, then yes, its his responsibility. stay on him!

    Answer by dullscissors at 10:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • Check your lease and also your Tenants Rights for you county.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • can you go get an window unit and charge the dude~who doesn't get right on someone's ac being down in that kinda of hear?

    Answer by surfcitymom at 10:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • If it was in the lease, yes. Also if it was advertised *window a/c*.....I wouldn't send him a note, I would call and call and call.

    Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • i would just go out and buy a small cheap one because it is so hot out! then save my reciet and when he comes 500 yrs later be like too late take this off my rent and give him the old air conditioner

    Answer by Rachelxbby at 10:20 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • was it included in the lease, or was it just something a former tenant left behind? If you agreed that the house came with air conditioning, call, and write a note, and send it certified mail, and get a notorized copy of it. It will cost you five dollars or so, but will provide needed proof of negligence if the doesn't respond. No air conditioning in this kind of heat would be considered an emergency.

    Answer by lovinangels at 10:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.