Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support enforcement

my child support was automaticaly takin out of my chlids fathers check now he quit his job and got a new one does anyone know if it will come out of his new jobs checks or does he have to tell them about his new job?

Answer Question

Asked by Shannon706 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 16 (2,865 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I don't know, but i'd be calling to find out! Making sure to report that he has a new employer!

    Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • It will come out of his new job once the CS office finds out about the new job. You can always call them and tell them where he is working.

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • Either you need to call and tell them or he does. This happened with my DH and his first paycheck from his new job didn't have it coming off so I had him call to let them know.......we really didn't need the ex hounding him because he missed one payment, she would take him back to court if his payment was $10 short......when he paid $200 a week!

    Answer by colethky at 10:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • Depends on if you had to have child support enforcement go after him for child support or if he automatically set it up the first time. If he set it up the first time they may not take it out of his check. I would ask him politely to check into it and give him a week. if he doesn't then contact your child support enforcement and let them know where he works. It can also take months for them to see he has a new employer on their own. It will benefit both of you if he takes the initiative to take care of this himself, if you don't think that will happen then make sure it gets taken care of on your own. *hugs*

    Answer by Cassarah at 10:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • The bad thing is he has a drinking problem thats why he got fired from his other job and now he has no where to live so i guess i not going to be getting nothing even though he has a new job b/c he is going to lose this one to I just don't know what to do

    Comment by Shannon706 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

  • If you know where he is working, report it to the CS office. When the new job does his W-4 his SS# should automatically raise a flag since he had wages garnished at the previous job. If you don't trust him to report it - you can. If he looses this job too and CS stops...he can loose his DL, and face other punishments as set forth by your states laws.

    Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.