my 2 yr old is haveing a hard time sleeping at night any suggestions?

he used to be a great sleeper and even put himself to bed some days now he only wants to sleep by us is this a phase or should i be worried?

Bewitching88

Asked by Bewitching88 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Our almost 2 year old is going through the same thing. He wasn't always the best sleeper, but this week was rough. Of course we did put him in a toddler bed, and that is a big transiton. That and daddy is away for periods of time and then home and he is beginning to realize that. So, is there anything, even a little thing, that has changed at any point of his day? That could be it. Or could just be a phase.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• put on a scary movie right before bed time...ha ha. Joking, I would say it's just another phase that all kids go through. just help him feel secure cuddle for awhile then try putting him back into bed. Maybe a small snack and then back to bed, rub his back until he falls asleep.
    Angeleyez08

Answer by Angeleyez08 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• my boy at two went through this phase as well. before that he was like clock work almost 7 pm on the dot no mater where he was or what he was doing he would grab his bear lay on the floor or couch or his bed if we were home and go to sleep. but when he got just over two that all changed. it was a knock down drag out fight....he just did not want to go to bed with out me. and he hadn't co slept since he was an infant. i think it is indeed a phase. both my kids went thru it. cuddle him a bit more ...and also i would recommend taking a look at his nap time routine maybe making it shorter or earlier. or even push back bed time by like 30 mins to an hour. GL and dont get too stressed over it i know when your tired and u want him to go to bed so you can to it can be frustrating but remember he is still very much a baby and still needs mommas compassion...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 11:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Allow a little time before putting the child to bed, and do relaxing activities. If he/she is hyper before bed, they most likely won't go to bed easy at all. My trick even for myself, no caffeine for at least 4 hours before going to bed.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• is he feeling alright? the weather has been hot i know that kids sometimes have a hard time sleeping when its real hot
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• he has his own fan i really think its can DF leaves to work sometimes at night when he is here he goes to bed faster, we put him in bed go and sit on the couch and in about 10 min he leaves his room and come and plain the hall in front of his door sometimes so quietly we dont hear him and he falls asleep there.
    Bewitching88

Comment by Bewitching88 (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2010