What did you get your 1 year old girl for her birthday?

That about sums it up! lol. I am trying to think of something creative that she will really like. I hate to just get her clothes, but she doesnt really need any toys and isnt old enough to have "favorite" characters or items. Ideas?

Cass052005

Asked by Cass052005 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would get her a dress and a baby doll.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 10:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• A savings bond. They are too young to appreciate any material things so why waste the money on something she doesn't need? Each year you can buy a savings bond and on her 18th birthday you can give them to her. She'll appreciate that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My dd's 1st birthday is tomorrow. We got her a small slide that we can use inside or outside. We also got her a blow up elephant (that she picked out) a new rubber ducky and some magnants to go on the fridge
    reava

Answer by reava at 10:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We got my daughter a Vtech Sit to Stand Dance Tower for her first birthday. She is now two and a half and still uses it. Her cousins, 3 & 2 use it too. You can find reviews for toys on Walmart or Target.com. Big board books are good too. She got a couple of those as well.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Get her a teddy bear of BUILD A BEAR she build it and she would enjoy it!

BlueballandKids

Answer by BlueballandKids at 11:45 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I got her a potty chair. I also got her a stuffed giraffe that was bigger than she was. It's still one of her favorite toys. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• BlueballandKids...that is great idea except we already did that last month! lol. I didnt really plan on getting her one but we took my son and he said "I cant have one and not get sissy one, thats not fair!" She does love it! I really want to find her a personlized sippy cup but I cant find one with her name on it.
    Cass052005

Comment by Cass052005 (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Dollywood had personlized sippy cups (Lets go on a trip lol) Thatz the only place I have ever seen them. I'm sure you can order them online some where. I was racking my brain to think what we bough Chloe and I had to look at pictures. lol We ended up buying her the radio flyer bounce horse. She still gives that horse pure heck and it's doing great. :)
    wvprincess

Answer by wvprincess at 4:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010