Gourmet picnic baskets?

Would you buy one? If so what would you want in it? I live in a place where we have like a central park and a fountain and then right down the street is a place with another fountain where they play music and movies and stuff. Lots of family come with picnics. So I'm just wondering if it would be a good businesses selling them already made.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• That sounds like a great idea. I would do three different options- 1. A picnic basket with food, plates, utensils, etc. and a picnic blanket 2. Same as number 1 except without the picnic blanket and 3) Food, plates, utensils, etc in a nice gift bag to go. The 3rd one would be more for repeat customers or for customers who already have a picnic basket and blanket.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• They do them here at the outdoor free events. Normally it has gourmet sandwiches, fruit, wine, hand made chocolate. I have not had one made for me but I do plan on making one along those lines for a date night soon.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Sounds like a fantastic idea to me, and very creative! What's it hurt to try it out? You can give yourself a time frame goal to see how the business is going, try it out and see what goes over and what doesn't.

Love your idea!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Is there a commercial kitchen nearby that you can rent?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010