sudafed whild breastfeeding?

My ears have been bothering me and someone recomended taking sudafed. Is this safe while breastfeeding?

GingerMom33

Asked by GingerMom33 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.kellymom.com/health/meds/cold-remedy.html

Kellymom.com is a great website for breastfeeding mothers.

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Nooooo! No sudafed! It's safe for you and baby, but it carries the propensity to damage your supply! I took ONE dose while I was BFing my daughter and we had issues for a couple days because my supply was impacted.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yeah, I think it's more of your supply will take a hit... check kellymom.com like the others proposed.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't take Sudafed - it could hurt your supply. Try claritan - but only right after nursing. Try to get as long between taking it and nursing again as possible. And also check out the kellymom.com site. I checked it dailey when I was nursing. Lots of great information!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2010