I dont know what to do...

So I spent 3 days at my moms house, and I come home to my apartment being a huge mess. I cleaned it spotless on Monday, and its disgusting today. My clothes are everywhere, laundry is on my bed, there is dirt on my bed from my roommate climbing through the window because she forgets her keys. No bag in the garbage, crumbs all over the couch. Something spilled in the fridge so I had to throw out most groceries I bought yesterday and move out the fridge and clean it. She leaves the AC on when she leaves, and all the lights, and the fan. She never flushes the toilet, or cleans up the dishes she piles up.

I have an 8 month old son, I work two jobs part time, and I am pregnant. I live with a friend of mine who is a complete slob. I cant be cleaning constantly. I'm on a tight budget, and she thinks its ok to leave shit spilled all over the fridge =(

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 11:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• time to get a new roomate or live on your own!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Too bad I live in jersey and thats impossible.
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You need to tell her that she needs to pull her weight or you are just stuck dealing with it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• ugh. i hate liveing with people who are slobs. they just dont get it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i told her, and she said she has not time to clean.. wtf
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• If you can't afford your own place, you should be able to qualify for some sort of assistance to help you out, at least until you can get back on your feet, without it. I am assuming you are single, since you didn't mention anything about a partner. I hate to say this, but poor living conditions such as these with an infant are dangerous and could be cause for legal action if you childs father or anyone else were to file a report. I understand that it is hard to manage, but for the sake of your children, I think you need take the necessary steps to remove you and your children from that atmosphere. Whether that be to talk to your roommate and explain your needs, or go talk to the housing authority in your area. Good luck.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• yea, i make too much money to be on any type of assistance, and in jersey theres a wiating list for the waiting list to get help with housing. im gonna get evicted, probably next month. cant wait =(
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 11:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Have you told her this? I would. If she can't respect you and the fact that she has a room mate that is pregnant and has a child..then it is time to look for another place to live. I don't know the situation on how you two came to be room mates, but maybe you can stay and she can leave. Try to work it out, because if you think it's hard now wait until the your lil bun in the oven is here. She is not being very considerate and that is just rude. I would hate to live with a slob...nasty! Good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i can throw her out, shes not on my lease, but then ill be homeless.
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Uh, I had a ONE roommate in college- it was a nightmare so, the only roommate I've had is my husband... I would never do the whole roommate thing.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2010