Have you ever had a bday party for your child and hardly anyone showed up?

lovmyhubby

Asked by lovmyhubby at 11:37 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes! People, friends and family rarely have come to a birthday party for my DD. . . even if they have known about it for weeks. . . mostly they don't show up.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 11:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Not yet.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• No. But recently dd was invited to a graduation party where each seat was payed for and kids didnt show up...that cost the mom a ton of money. If this is your situation and you will be paying for empty seats, call the people you invited who havent RSVP at this point....so frustrating huh?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yes ... My son's 21st was supposed to be very special. We were taking him to a strip club and buying him his first drink. We had everything cleared with his doctor. He could have one drink.

My sister and her boyfriend went f*cking turkey hunting instead. The only ones that showed were hubby's younger sister and her SO.

To make everything worse, the weather decided to crap on us too. Nasty storms. We didn't get to go.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yes, makes me sad eapecially since people who RSVP dont show. It costs a lot of extra money to provide to them and their kids they need to respect that and at least show up for a little:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• yep
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 11:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yeah when my son turned 6 we had a party all of the kids RSVP d but no one showed up. After we went back to daycare and one of the teachers was bragging how one of the other kids had the power Rangers at his party and my son cried for days because no one liked him. After that the mother told me not to pout. I looked at her and said no one was pouting. she brought my son a cheap present to apologize but he refused to take it. He said he was sorry she felt she had to buy him off. After he felt better.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I have not had to deal with it yet, God forbid I do. But I heard a story once. New kid in school sent out invites and everything. No one rsvp'd or told the mom it was the same day as a more well known boy's party. No one showed. The boy was heartbroken. So the next day mom and dad took the kid out to celebrate and the grandparents dropped off a bunch of stuff with a note saying "Sorry we missed the party."
    Mickandy

Answer by Mickandy at 11:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yeah, just about every time. That is why I have basically stopped.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes, we don't really do parties anymore (my parents didn't when I was growing up either). We tried a few times, but each time we had poor turnout. Now we invite one or two friends and head to GattiTown instead of trying to organize a big party.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2010