What do you think about LIMA,PERU?

please information the decition has been taken we are going to live there I hope iis a safe place but anybody knows information about peru? HELP PLEASE

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 11:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why are you moving to Peru??? I did a report on Peru when I was in elementary school, but I have no clue what it would be like to live there.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I'm interested in that myself. My 19 yr old son is leaving for Lima Peru this coming Monday. He's going as part of a missions team.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• They have offered my husband a better work but i t is in LIMA,PERU,they have offered him three cars only for him,the better school there for our kids,three nannys for our kids anda big house in the best place in lima that is called "la planicie" and a big big house I already seen the house in pictures what should i do go to peru with my kids,are they going tol ive a happy llife there? I dont know much about PERU is it a safe country,Ijust heard about macchu picchu and a food called"ceviche" WHAT SHOULD I DO LIVE THERE?
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Give it a chance. I mean not everyone gets the chance to have an education in a foreign country, and to speak the actual native tongue. If they are offering all that then they really might appreciate you being there.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I've never been there, but with a husband who travels internationally this is my advice. Like ANY country, Peru will probably have it's safe areas and not safe areas. I'm a little concerned that you are moving there sight unseen. I would at least go there on a trip to SEE the house, SEE the area, the schools, etc. It sounds a LITTLE too good to be true. Ceviche is fish that is marinated in citrus juices and spices, and the citrus "cooks" the fish. Sounds gross, but our local peruvian restaurant has it and it's excellent! I would do some research- go to a library or a bookstore and read up a little (you can't always trust the internet). Try to see if there's anyone in your area from Peru and talk to them. Get to know what the local customs are, so you don't offend anyone, and PLEASE start learning Spanish. Internationally, Americans are looked down upon if you don't make an attempt to speak the local language.
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 12:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2010