If you confided in a friend that you were struggling financially, and they took it upon themselves to make a very personal choice for you....

I mentioned looking for shoes for my son for his christening, and this friend knows we dont have alot of money...I didnt say it in a group to beg for charity I did it to vent, and get fashion ideas...and she decided to buy shoes(which I had mentioned were NOT appropriate for this event) and then announced it in the group...
how can I say it hurt my feelings without making her feel bad? her heart was int he right place(it always is) but she made me feel bad....and I am asking this anon as I dont give a hoot about credits, I just dont want to hurt her, while also letting her know she crossed a line....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Just be open and honest with her. Don't tell her in the open where everyone can hear/read.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• perhaps send her the link to the question. it shows how much you care. and how much it hurt you.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• tell her that next time she does something nice keep it between her n the person in this case u n her.
    supermom2005

Answer by supermom2005 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• let it go~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Everyone in America is struggling financially so, I doubt the people in your group thought twice.

MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• This is one of those situations where I would just say "thank you that really means a lot to me" smile, and don't talk about any of the things that bother me - it was a very nice gesture, even though she may not have gone about it in the best manner
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 12:24 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Be honest.talk to her.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 12:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I guess it's best to be honest with her, just tell her that you appreciate her gesture but it made you fee bad about your situation.

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 5:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Say thank you and don't discuss finances with her (or any friend for that matter) again.
    janel123

Answer by janel123 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i would say thank you and let it go...im not sure what the big deal is...i do think it was a little distasteful of her to announce it to everyone...did she expect a pat on the back or something? lol
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2010