Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

We are so tired of this girl.. she is messing with our whole family !

My now SIL and I are the same age and therefore went to school together and also with another girl who was SIL's good friend. Well the *friend* got pregnant as she was going to college and decided she wasnt done partying and let SIL "keep" her for ( no legal things were done at that time). The mom would come visit SOME weekends and the little girl is going on 3 y/o she calls my SIL mommy, my brother daddy ( me aunt, my mom mamaw) They went to get custody of her and the mom blew up made Hate pages against all of us on myspace and facebook, keyed our cars, egged our houses, cops didnt do anything and the court basically said she is HER daughter ( because nothing legal was done at the beginning) ... the mom had her for 2 weeks and brought the baby back at 2am, havent heard anything from her until now because she is taking ALL of us to court ???

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (4)
  • How is she taking all of you to court? it should just be a custody battle between the bio-mom and your sister-in-law and your brother. Your sister-in-law can dispute it in court. They won't automatically give the bio-mom custody since she has been in your sil and brothers care for some time now. Your sil and brother can prove that she has been with them for awhile now right? and the bio-mom will have to go to parenting classes they will have supervised visits at first it's a process, but if she complies with everything she will get custody of her child. Your sil and brother need to start documenting everything from phone conversations to all the incidents that occurred, photos, police reports etc.... and if the bio mom is on drugs or has an alcohol problem..document everything!! and record her and video her if at all possible. Good luck.

    Answer by geminisummerz at 12:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • Oh, and tell them to get a free consultation from a lawyer in your area. They will be able to tell them what they're options are.

    Answer by geminisummerz at 12:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • Something else too, have your sister see if she can obtain doctors records and that sort of thing, showing adequate care for the child and it will help provide prove of long term residence with them. If they aren't already, save receipts for everything purchased for the child. I know that seems petty, but if they can show that they are the ones financially supporting her in addition to everything else, the courts can take that into consideration. Document everything. When she calls, don't pick it up, let it go to voicemail and save the messages. Same things with emails and text messages. The fact that she is creating hate pages on her myspace won't help her. If you can, access those pages and take screen shots. That way if she deletes them before court, you still have proof of them. Good luck.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • SIL needs to start documenting everything. This is a big help when legal stuff is iffy. Things like how long she has had the child, how often did the mother visit, did the mother pay child support. Because she should have. Also the fact that the mother dropped the child off AGAIN in the middle of the night. Courts don't take kindly to that.

    Answer by janel123 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.