Marriage...Was there a time when you just stopped talking to each other?

for how long and then what happened?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband and I have been through rough patches were we barely talk. It was terrible but thankfully we managed to get back to a good place.
    I can tell you right now that when communication breaks down, things can go downhill REALLY fast. Someone has to swallow their pride sometimes to open the communication lines back up. I am learning that there is no room for selfish pride in a marriage. Honest communication is the only way to go.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No, we've not done that. We have an open book sort of thing. When something needs said, it gets said. We don't get upset by it because, even if it's hurtful it comes out of our love and respect for each other and not anger. As soon as the communication stops, then the bitter feelings come out. There has to be the talking all the time to keep it working.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• yes but for a few hours b,coz i can't keep myself away from him.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes there was.. We faught all the time, about anything and everything. We couldn't stand to be in the same room together. We got to the point where we couldn't even speak.

It lasted (all of it) 3 years. In turn. I became a miserable woman who hated everyone and everything. My husband developed a drinking problem. I had an (what I now consider) emotional affair and my husband had a one night stand.

Those times. Those times SUCKED ROYALLY... But, we learned a lot of lessons. Made it through it all and now 15+ years later, we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary next month.

I won't say that things will spiral so completely out of control in anyone else's relationship because of something like this. I'm just sharing what happened in mine.

But I will say this. It's important if you want your marriage to be a happy and healthy one for both of you. For the two of you two work out the core problems behind this.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:38 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes, my hubby and I got married feb 2009 and since then have talked about divorce twice. we stopped talking to each other he slept on the couch for like 2 months. We did have sex but it was kind of a need and I honestly didn't wanna do it with anyone else. We just weren't getting along. We've been together for 7 years but were always changing and we just couldn't adjust, he wanted to parent alot different then I did and emotions were high, we lost one of our twin sons and we both didn't know how to deal. We never talked about it and we were never grieved at the same time. Then for some reason he stepped up and became a better husband, I got pregnant, I thought I'd have to do it alone but he was supportive, I was looking for an adoptive family but things got better with us, Recently I've been jealous and insecure I'm pregnant and feel ugly, so I was flippin out for everything which made us argue, we've gotten through it though.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• for a year or so, I got so disgusted with him because all he did was play video games.
    reesemom

Answer by reesemom at 9:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• yes my husband and I argue a lot! there are times when we can go a week without talking with one another but he always call me or I'll call him.....
    devinebeauty

Answer by devinebeauty at 10:25 AM on Jul. 18, 2010