How do you really make a marriage work?

Whats the secret to your success?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk, about everything. If theres something bothering you, you need to say it. Otherwise, they will never now. They are not mindreaders. Also, do little things that make them happy- cook their favorite meals, have sex, buy his favorite magazine once in a while. Let them know you care. Also, alone time is key too. Go on a date once in a while.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• open communication. assuming things can cause a lot of problems. if you have a problem discussing it will usually help a lot.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Communication, compromise, sacrifice, friendship, and mucho effort. We work on it everday...you can tell the minute one or both of us stop.
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 12:16 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• We talk rationally without name calling or raised voices when there is a problem on either side. Total honesty and none of the "I'm fine, nothings wrong" crap. We don't take anything too seriously and laugh a lot.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Treat each other with respect. Never treat each other as a plaything to use for your own enjoyment. Adults like children grow tired of playthings, so as long as you treat each other as PEOPLE and not things, everything else will come easy.

Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• oh, and I have been married for 11 yrs, together for 14
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 12:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• After 27 years of marriage, almost 28, many ups & downs, I would say doing things out of love for your spouse expecting nothing in return is one of the greatest gifts that you can give to the relationship. As you give to your spouse, it will cause them to want to do nice things in return for you! :0)
    KyndalBethsMom

Answer by KyndalBethsMom at 12:19 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• trust, communicate, don't hide anything - it will be 7 years in November :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 12:20 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• 200%
    that's the secret.
    Many people think that they only have to do "their share". That a relationship is 50/50. But it's not. If someone really wants a relationship to work then they have to put in 100%. I give my fullest to making sure my marriage stays happy and healthy. I work as hard as i can and always try to give 100%. So does my husband. The math is simple.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:24 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Patience, Trust, Loyalty, Sex!, Communication, Date nights!!, Passion, Arguing but knowing when you're wrong and saying sorry. Married 20 years and going strong !!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2010