Anyone's kids ever had this?

My daughter has eczema. Along with allergies that has given her really dry skin along with white spots on her body, all over her body. does anyone's kids have this on their skin? and what did you do to take care of it?

the dryness of her skin isnt really the issue, its the uneven skin tone all over her body.

kiliki_malie

Asked by kiliki_malie at 12:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my sons skin got really bad too but it wasn't eczema. we also switched to aveeno. I don't remember what it was called we tried two differant aveeno produts and it was the dark blue one that worked. They have powder you can soak them in in the tub body wash and lotion. after just a few days of that we noticed a big differance. When it got really dry that it was like chapped i would put aquaphor on it and that helped right away.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My daughter's niece has eczema. Her dr. recommended using the Aveeno Bath Wash with oatmeal. It has drastically helped her, but she still has breakouts when exposed to heat.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 2:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Arebonne International sells a baby skin care line. It is excellent in helping to heal and prevent breakouts of eczema. It's a little expensive but it is worth it when there skin is so delicate.
    Momof2boys540

Answer by Momof2boys540 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• 2 of my nieces have eczema, the oldest is almost 19 now. I suggest taking her to a dermatoligist and getting her tested, turns out that most of the time they are allergic to something that triggers the breakouts (my oldest niece was allergic to wheat, corn, dairy, beans, nuts, etc..) My friend has a 2 yr old with eczema and turns out that he was allergic to Lanolin and Vitamin E... so the whole time she was slathering him up in special lotions to help, she was only making his breakouts worse. My oldest niece is developing an all natural skin care line just for people with eczema. She made some special lotions and body washes for my friends son, leaving out the lanolin and vitamin e, and he is doing much better now. Yay! Contact me if you'd like more info.
    Stephie77

Answer by Stephie77 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2008