I am worried my co sis will again do something ?

Ours is a big joint family.My MIL & FIL are really caring.The problem is with my co sis who does n't want to live with the family. Altho' she demanded it since the day she got married 10 yrs back,but her hubby doesn't.Now she is messing up with my life to get her demand fulfilled.She created a hill out of a petty issue.the things were blown to such extent that my past 4 days were spent like hell.Things settled down when i spoke seperately with MIL&FIL ,& Co sis. Althou'i apologised,but she told me bluntly,that she does n't want to live with the family & wants a seperate kitchen for her family. My hubby is a wonderful loving person,but he is very sensitive also.He loves his bro and the latter's kids.Tho'i've told my MIL that every thing is ok with me & co sis b'coz i don't want the in laws to get tensed.'Ve told about our talk to my hubby,who wanted to talk to his parents,but later agreed with me not to do so.worried what to do

A11

Asked by A11 at 12:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• As a family of our own, we've had to live with my husband's parents for a time, as well as my mom for a time, both for different reasons, both short term. I cannot imagine the burden or stress from living with such extended family full time. I'm not sure I understand your problem, but if she wants to live outside the family home, more power to her. I think to have so many parents in one home would be a serious conflict of issues and respect of authority to the parents of young children.
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think that the more adults under one roof, the more stressful things can be. You're co sis (not sure what that means) may be right. It may be better for everyone to live in their own separate homes, but near by each other for easy and frequent visits. I know my husband and I live with my parents for a while and his parents for a while because we were saving for a down payment on our house. I love my parents, and his, but that time was stressful and if it had lasted any long we may have had some serious major issues! Fortunately we were able to get a house in time!!

Maybe a little personal space between families wouldn't be so bad.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Wow, I couldn't live with others like that. I need my privacy. Good luck on this

Answer by admckenzie at 12:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2010