Positive feedback on Clomid

I will be starting Clomid with my next cycle, I was looking for words of encouragement from anyone who has used it and been able to conceive. How bad were the side effects?

GiannaRN

Asked by GiannaRN at 12:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I had absolutely no side effects. Took me three months to conceive. My gyno told me that if pregnancy did not occur within six months of being on Clomid, it was likely not going to work at all. Good luck.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had a few side effects (moody at times, headaches, hot flashes) but they weren't too bad. The first round of Clomid at 50mg did not have any effects, but the 2nd round at 100mg did make me ovulate and I got pregnant. The key with Clomid is to find the right dosage that works for you and make sure you BD as often as you can. As the PP said, most doctor's will not try Clomid for more than 6 months if you don't have any results.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 1:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I can't say I had any side effects on it, but it also did nothing for me to help get pregnant. But there were no tangible side effects that I noticed.
    Anonymous

• The most severe side effect I observed in my bff Kim was mood swings. She was not able to conceive because she was diagnosed with endometriosis and had to have surgery. Good Luck!
    Momof2boys540

Answer by Momof2boys540 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2008