What would you do?

I'm 23. I raise my adopted brother (his adoptive mom (my mom) died and now he calls me mom) and i raise my stepson. I have never given birth.

My sister recently gave birth to her second child. But she doesn't even take care of the 7yr old she has. My niece's grandparents have guardianship over her. For who knows how long. There is a good chance my sister new baby will end up being taken away by CPS sometime in the next year, maybe more if she's lucky. And the grandparents aren't going to be able to take her.

I know my mom and my grandpa would want someone in the family to take her. But i'm pretty certain no one is willing. ...But i am able. And i was there for her birth.

I don't wanna know what you think i should do. ...i wanna know what YOU would do?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If it came down to it, and the state either needed someone to take the baby or to put the baby into foster care, I would like to think I would take the baby. Hopefully, I would be able to do that. I really think I would take the baby. But I obviously wouldn't just tell my sister that I was going to take the baby until it became necessary to do so.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would take the baby.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would take her new baby that way she stays out of the system.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would definitely take the baby.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 12:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would take the baby if I was able to. It's always better, IMO to keep a child within the family as long as the family is a good one. If you are able and willing...I think it would be a good thing. As I would totally do the same thing if the same situation were to arise and I was capable of doing so..
    jeckellette

Answer by jeckellette at 12:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Definitely take the baby. As least everyone in the family will know that the child will be taken care of, that is if you are willing. You never know what kind of parents will end up with the baby. At least if you take care of the baby, you will never have to worry about it. The baby's mother should have her tubes tied to prevent any more pregnancies.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would only take the baby if all rights were signed over to me permanently. . . A few months back I was in a similar situation and it didn't end well. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 12:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• without any hesitation i will take the baby and love the child like it was my own
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• If one is financially and emotional able, then yes, absolutely. I wouldn't even wait for the child to be taken. If it's inevitalbe for certain reasons, I'd move forward now so nothing bad happens to the child. :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• The father is getting a vasectomy.
    They thought they were infertile. She has tried for 5 years to get pregnant. And when they finally gave up ...BAM she was pregnant. despite her medication (which is likely to cause miscarriage) the baby is healthy.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2010