My son is going to sleepaway camp on Sunday and I am nervous!

Anyone have any words of advice to keep me from bawling my eyes out when I leave him there?

I know he will be safe, all of the kids in my family went to that camp as kids. But I am still nervous and worried.

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 12:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter also leaves Sunday, for four weeks; She has been going since she was ten. The camp has an online newsletter, and posts dozens of photos every day; parents can send emails that are printed and delivered every afternoon.
    Don't expect to get a letter.

This is a wonderful way for your son to become a little more independent, and begin to explore who he really is.

When he comes home, do a head check before you let him in the house; bring the smelly duffel bag directly to the laundry room.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I agree with hanging on till you get in the car. Also, think of the things you will be able to get done and the Mommy time you will have...try to look on the bright side of things and remember that everything will be ok.
    jeckellette

Answer by jeckellette at 12:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Just hang on till you get in the car... so you don't embarrass him.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• He is 11 and has been away for a week before, but he was with his grandparents. So I knew he was in good hands..
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 12:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2010