Can a "Christian" have an abortion?

I left my abusive husband a number of months ago & for the first time in my life, met someone who is genuinely good to me. We were careful but not careful enough apparently. I have a history of reproductive issues & never expected (or wanted) to get pregnant again. My STBX is across the country & just provided some financial contribution for the first time since the split. I don't count on it being consistent. I/we have a toddler who is trying to adjust to having no father & living with roommates. I've been very alone, made a choice, & now apparently must suffer the consequences. My family will generally not be supportive at all & most likely furious. I'm afraid my child won't even have grandparents if they find out. The father in this case is someone I work with & we can & WILL lose our jobs if management finds out (company policy as it turns out). How do I support even 1 with no job? Is there any choice? I'm lost...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you feel it is best to have a abortion then do it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• OMG...this is heavy...there has to be some sort of way around the work situation...is there any way you can lie about who the father is and then give the baby up for adoption?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• is lying a sin too? aren't all sins the same?

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Some will say yes. Some will say no. I say. You have to make the absolute best decision for yourself. Regardless of how others feel, their views, or what they may say. They are not living your life, they do not know your heart, they do not know your feelings.. And whatever decision you make, they will not be the one's who have to live with the choice. You and only you are the one who knows those things, and will be doing those things. When making your decision, take a good hard honest look at your life. Your present and your future. Whatever choice you make. Make sure it's what you really and truly want to do. Make sure that you are sure that you can live with as well. Because if you choose to have an abortion, you have to live with that. If you choose to have the child, you have to live with that as well. Both have their consequences/reprecussions. You just have to decide which ones you can live with.

HUGS
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Wow. My heart goes out to you. Not to be a jerk like most you'll find on here...but its a bit hypocritical to ask if a christian can have an abortion. I'm not for or against- it's a personally choice. However, you can't be that christian if you're sleeping with a non-spouse, that you shouldn't be having affairs with to begin with. That said- No JOB is worth not having a child for. I know someone who bitched and moaned when she got pregnant because she was afraid she'd have to give up her escalade... You have to make the choice with the father, for one. And there are so many laws that would probably protect your job anyways, and it's none of their business who got you pregnant to begin with! Piss on your family. Once you have kids, they become your family. They are what is most important. Yeah it's great to have the support of parents, siblings, etc, but it's far better to be a parent, and to be a good one at that. Best of luck
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would just encourage you to think it over very carefully and be sure you are sure when you make your final decision.
    LisamomofJames

Answer by LisamomofJames at 1:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• consequences are what they are...but never abortion! there's always adoption. never abortion.
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 1:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• adoption, adoption, adoption!! Someone would glady care and love tthat baby like their own. please reconsider.. Everyone falls short of the glory of God but God sometimes allows people to go through things, because he is trying to teach them something, or to have a testimony! But please have the baby and atleast have an adoption
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My views on abortion will be left out of my answer because you sound depressed enough. First stop calm down and think about what is best for you and your child/ or children which ever way you want to think about it. Don't worry about religious veiws on this subject or even what any one else thinks you and you alone have to deal with what ever decision you make for the rest of your life. So try and look at these points.
    Financial: How much will it cost to abort the baby?/ Keep the baby?/ or Give the baby up for adoption? Which can you afford to do?
    Mental: Can you mentally handle aborting the baby?/ Keeping the baby?/ or Giving the baby up for adoption?
    Physical: Can you physically handle the abortion?/ or The birth?
    Then you have to think about if you will regret this decision, because once it's made it can't be reversed. Also remember one thing can you avoid the work complication? I hate lying however in your situation

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would say it qualifies as some thing that a little misleading info. at work is not a bad idea. You said you just recently broke it off with hubby right. Who's to say this may not be his? I know it's probably not, but no body needs to know it's the guy from works kid. So the pregnancy may not cause issues at work. Obviously if there are rules against this no body knows about the two of you and no one has to. Abortion is a final decision, however adoption and keeping the baby can be re-decided depending on future situation. What ever you decide is up to you just make sure you make a decision you can live with. As well as one that will not hinder the care you give your other child.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:02 AM on Jul. 17, 2010