I drunk a bottle of wine tonight, can i breastfeed

Today was our 5th year anniversary and me and my husband had 2 bottles of wine, 1 each. My 14 month old baby who is 25 pounds usually wakes up for a feeding at 4 am everyday. I started drinking at 8pm and my last drink was at midnight. Should I breastfeed or wait until tomorrow. I do feel a little buzz and I am worried because I know that if my baby doesn't breastfeed he won't stop crying, I have no formula for him and I know he jut eats for comfort, should I breastfeed or let him cry?...I know today I am a horrible mom but I'm sorry I couldn't help it, my husband hasn;t been this loving in a long time and I let myself carried away. Please help, I won't sleep until I find at least 1 answer, please don't judge, first time after 1 year I've gotten like this, not to mention my LO had multiple allergies and I had to go on a strict diet for the longest time ever, he's a little ok now but today i let myself loose unintentionnaly

Nenakarina

Asked by Nenakarina at 1:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as it's been 1-2 hours sense your last drink i **think** it's okay.
    hopefully one of the other moms has a better answer. But i know you can google it too.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:20 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Hey....you are an adult. I think you can do that once and a while. But I would pump and dump. I think you should do that for 24 hours. Drink lots of water to wash it out. Happy Anniversary
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 1:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• when i went to traffic school they said that alcohol will stay in your system longer then you think. since i don't think i didn't pay close attention but i do recall thinking wow i didn't know how long it actually stayed in your system. it's always best to be safe then sorry. i would for sure just let him cry it out. after at 14 months he should be doing that anyway and you can help him learn to sleep through the night. it's not that he is waking to eat but for comfort. my 8 month old baby sleeps pretty much every night but it started with a few nights of her crying for an hour and half the first 3 days. just don't feed him at 4 am at least.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:24 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• BUMP!!
    LOL!....shoulda pumped! LMBO!
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 1:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i meant to say drink not think...duh it's late for me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• just don't feed him???
    sorry. that's crazy IMO.

and studies are showing that children to not have a sufficient ability to self soothe until they are 3 YEARS old.

OP, you can google it. i know because i've googled it before out of curiosity after my breastfeeding friend mentioned she was having a margarita.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• In my opinion you're fine to nurse at 4AM. You should be sobered up by then. Don't feel guilty. You had a good time. We all deserve that every once in a while.

And please... do not let your baby cry for an hour and a half. This is my opinion and I don't care what anyone says (I won't be back to check) but that is just cruel. Babies cry in the middle of the night because they are hungry. 8 month olds need to nurse often. Don't ignore your baby. Nurse and comfort.

Congrats.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 1:30 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I agree with dmdblleb
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I was told it satys in you for 24 hours, so to have a supply ready?
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• safe to drive safe to nurse. so when he wakes up at 4 am and wants to nurse, if you're buzzed then no. don't go in there. If you are not buzzed go right ahead. It metabolizes from the milk same as the blood stream. Also, if you are buzzed, send Daddy in to care for baby. That will help him settle down without freaking him out because Mommy is denying him.
    I have been nursing for 20 months, and asked my doctor about this. This is what she said, and is also the accepted procedure!
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2010