We've all heard that opposites attract...

So, do you think we'd all be happier if we married opposites? Or do you think we'd all be better off with someone just like ourselves? I'm dating a guy who literally agree's with me on everything(ok not EVERYTHING, but might as well be)! We just click and get along SO well.... I'm just curious how long that would really last.

Tes...Jacksmami

Asked by Tes...Jacksmami at 1:19 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I think that being total opposites does not always make for the best relationships. Not that it can't work, but if you have nothing in common what would you talk about in your down time? However I could not handle it if someone agreed with my 24/7. I need a good argument once in a while LOL
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I think it depends on each person. If you like to always be right, marrying someone who will disagree with you isn't going to equal a happy life... But if you don't mind bending and can find someone else who doesn't mind bending opposites can be wonderful. Frankly I think the happy road is somewhere in between opposites and identical.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think there needs to be a balance.
    DH and i are very different. More opposite than alike.
    but some of our interests are the same. we both enjoy music, for example.

Being much different allows us to have our own space and ideas.
    But having a few things in common allows us to connect and gives us something to talk about and bond with.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• you may or may not agree with this...but have you ever done a natal chart just to see how you 2 match up. do a google for free natal birth chart...pretty cool...
    me & my DH are almost polar opposite...
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 1:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I am so totally opposite from SO that it's not even funny but it works for us

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• What do you mean post above that yout total opposte from you SO please explain
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 2:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Personally I found I get along better with laid back men ( I'm alot to handle!) However we need to have the same interests.... if that makes sense...
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• DH and I are very similar, but we are different enough that life doesn't get boring.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Actually, studies show that "opposites attract" is a myth ... more people are attracted by "matching" - finding people with similar interests and similar values.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 11:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My husband and I are so very alike with our values, this I think is very important. We have some very similar interests like camping and hiking, and not so similar interests like sports (him) and science (me). I think this actually brings value to our relationship because we get to share things with each other, we learn from each other. We do have some points were we are very different personality wise but I guess it keeps things exciting and we keep having to talk about it all and work it out. This renews our love and bond. If we were the same it seems we might lose that constant attention to each other. I've never been with anyone that had the same personality as me. So I don't know anything about that! All I know is I am extremely attracted to my hubby. I've been steadily in love with him for 14 years even when things weren't great between us!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2010