What would you pick as a career? I am trying to figure out what to go back to school for... I am having so much trouble... It's frustrating to me.

I was thinking that I want to do teaching.. For like kindergarden and daycare type thing. Then I was thinking about doing Culinary Arts, But then thought to myself, would there really be jobs out there for that? Cosmetology was another one of mine, but same thing as Culinary arts, would there be jobs? Last, Nursing.... I know it is a great field, But will there be jobs by the time I am done? So many choices... I never had the opportunity to go to school until now and the fact that I can make my own choices... Well, it is still difficult for me to grasp. What do you think would be better? Or if you have other choices.. I would be open to think about.

Thanks!!

Michele068

Asked by Michele068 at 1:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in

• There will be jobs for nursing. There is a great demand for nurses.

There is also a great demand for teachers but if our economy continues to fail i would be that teachers will be put out sooner than nurses.

I am not certain about what i want to go back to school for either. So i'm going to take 1 or 2 classes in a few subject that interest me and then do the one i like the most.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:39 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Well what do you like? No one can decide a career for you. You have to think about this yourself honestly. If I listened to everyone when I was in high school I would either be a nurse or be stuck working in a bank.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• im going for probation officer
    Prego889

Answer by Prego889 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I really want to work with people who have mental disabilities and handicapped people. That is what I really want to do.. But not sure how to go about doing that. I don't want someone to choose for me... Just give some ideas of other things that are out there to see if it is something else that interests me.

I was thinking about just doing general education classes until I figure it out.. But still am afraid that I might not know by then. Lol.
    Michele068

Comment by Michele068 (original poster) at 1:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Go to the employment office and take the Careers Test, It's an aptitude test showing you what fields you should consider going in to. It will save you a lot of time and money. I wish someone gave me this advice. I spent years in college thinking I wanted to do something but I wasn't good at it. I took the test and went back to college to get a degree in my field. I could have saved years of my life and thousands of dollars if I knew about that simple test.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• @admckenzie, That is a great idea! Thank you very much! I just might have to do that!!
    Michele068

Comment by Michele068 (original poster) at 2:02 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Think of things people will always need. Where I live, teachers are getting cut like crazy. Schools are losing funding thanks to certain economic bs....Cars get bailouts, public schools lose funding....I don't get it!! but get involved with something that won't be effected by money, politics/government, etc... good luck!! :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:52 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I am going to school for cometology, i wasnt sure if it was for me. But i love it, its so much fun. Your arent just learning to do hair, you learn hair, skin, nails, make up, waxing so you can work at a full salon and could do anything there. You have alot of job opportunities. You wont start off making alot of money but once you start getting clients you could make good money! Also your hours would be good, you could make your own hours and pick the days you want to work once you booth rent. Cosmetology isnt easy some people go in it thinking its easy...its not. You will have test on things you wouldnt believe you would think they were test for nurseing. Alot to learn...but fun! if you have any uestion youcan message me :)
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 3:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Accounting

Answer by rkoloms at 9:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Nursing. People will always get sick, be sick, and need help.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010