My 18 month old(that previously stayed up all night) loves carrying things around...

It started the week my husband went out of town for a week. She could get up first thing in the morning and find his pillow. She carried it by the corner every day, every where she went! She NEVER let go of it. The first night at bedtime she cried when I tried to put it away so she ended up sleeping with it all week also. By day 3 of him being away she started carrying his favorite shirt( he wore it the day before he left so it smelled of his cologne still) and the pillow. Day 5, she would curl up in his recliner, pillow and shirt clutched in her little chubby hands- at this time she was 13 months old. And she would just sit there all day. When Daddy came home, it slowly stopped. Now she carries 1 or 2 of my fav shirts around all day- wearing them, dragging them. I'm a sahm, so I don't get why she does it to my stuff now. I hid one at bedtime and she actually started looking around for it...?? anyone else going through this?

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• She's just attached to her parent's, there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe you can sleep with a blanket or stuffed toy for a few days and trade that out for your clothes?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• LOL it's no biggie, I don't really mind! She doesn't want to leave the house with them so it's kinda cute for now. I've tried giving her like the small receiving blankets though and she just wraps them up and tries to stuff them back in my dresser! lol This morning was classic! She managed to take off with the shirt I planned on wearing and she came in my room, I'm standing there in my shorts and my bra and say, "alright Callie, where's mommy's shirt?!" She giggles and runs out! While I'm finding something else to wear, she comes back a minute later, ear to ear grin, offering me my shirt!! :) Loved it!! but then she got another one out of my closet and took off with it! :P
    KariLyn84

Comment by KariLyn84 (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2010