I am 19 weeks along and lactating adult content

My boobs are very large and sore if I pump a little when they are sore to releave pressure is that going to make me run out of milk?

thefox

Asked by thefox at 2:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no! absolutely not! Breasts are designed for that of supply and demand. If you pump more, you'll lactate more, pump less, lactate less. It's not an overnight change, this is a very gradual process that can take days or weeks in some cases to go either way. Definately talk to your doctor. Pain shouldn't be an issue this early on. :( Best of luck to you!
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 2:30 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No, because you're not producing milk yet...it's colostrum, and avoid pumping as it can stimulate uterine contractions. When you pump or nurse, your body releases Oxytocin (the synthetic version of this used to induce labor is called Pitocin), which causes the contractions. Use cold packs to relieve any pain you might have, and Tylenol is safe to take as well if you want.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It just feels like they are going to explode. I have had alot of pregnancy issues and when ever I call they think im am to be honest "one of those first time pregnancys" where i just think things are wrong Is it normal to lactate this early
    thefox

Comment by thefox (original poster) at 2:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• DO NOT pump! This can actually cause contractions. Not likely that it will cause labor, especially this early, however it is possible. It is possible that this will pass in a couple weeks, the engorgement anyway. If the milk isn't being drained from your breasts your body will get the signal that it isn't needed yet.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes, producing colostrum this early is normal. Leaking is normal too. Your body is prepping to feed your baby! That's actually quite fantastic!

As for the Doc's office - let 'em think what they want. They work for YOU. A GOOD doc and his staff will welcome any and all questions, because it's safer, and better practice to have well informed patients.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I called at 1am a week ago because my vagina was on fire my midwife got mad.. I couldnt handle it thats why i called im moving itn 3 weeks to a bigger city with better docs an I am NEVER GOING TO ANOTHER MIDWIFE
    thefox

Comment by thefox (original poster) at 2:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I started lactating with ym first pregnancy at 20 weeks and it freaked me out, my doctor said it was a good sign, but I would not recommend pumping, your body is not ready to produce real breast milk and you can actually confuse it because your still pregnant.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't discredit ALL midwives because of your experience with this one. Not all of them are bad, just like not all OB's are bad (I have an AMAZING OB!). Just do your research BEFORE you move. Call around, ask how they would handle your questions and concerns...like I said previously, a GOOD midwife, OR OB would want you to be as informed as possible.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 5:26 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• my aunt is a medical record reviewer she is going to ask around her office about who would be the best one for me
    thefox

Comment by thefox (original poster) at 6:03 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• well hun don't pump..... that could cause contractions and it will only make your breasts produce more milk. i think it's unusual to begin producing this early but nothing to worry about
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 17, 2010