high protein in urine in 11 yr old boy?

What could it mean? I've googled it, and found that it could be normal if the protein is low in the morning. But he has had a kidney stone, about 2 yrs ag0. We are to collect the first morning urine on Monday for testing, but its friday night..... UGH!! I'm just wondering..... what could it be? Any thoughts, comforting or scary?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Having had one incident of high protein means they have to keep checking. he could have had kidney damage from the stone, he could have a metabolic disorder (meaning body chemistry might be a little different than normal). Does he have any other symptoms? I know it's very hard to wait. When my ds was 13, we had to do a lot of testing, he has a condition that his kidneys go haywire if he gets a strep infection. Very strange (to me). Anyway, if I can help you figure this out more, feel free to PM me.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• agree with kjrn79...or he could have hypertension (uncommon but happens) in kids. the pressure in his blood vessels are so high that it's push proteins into the kidneys and in the urine. protein molecules are big so the pressure has to be great enough to push it thru the vessel. i'm sure once the test come back and his vitals are takin he'll be fine....you and your family are on my pray list
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2010