Ok this might be to late to ask. Give me your opion and or advice Please...

I have to go to driving school and some one has told me that if the ticket is not correct in what happen then it could get thrown out of court.. But here is what happen.
One morning I was turning left and sun was in my eyes I did not see the guy on the bike in the cross walk till it was to late but as soon as I saw him I stopped I bump his back tire Emt came and took him to hopital No more details . So do I go to court and fight the ticket or go to school. I was going 10 mph the ticket say 40mph this is while turning left.
You know my gut says I was set up. The other side thinks I wont win in court then I get points. I was It never happen You know you cant even call to check on him this happen on 5-24-10 he has a lawyer ... I was told by police that he was not hurt to bad.. My ins say thank God you had Ins.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• They can't tell you how he is doing because once he becomes a patient at a hospital the doctors and staff are required by HIPPA to keep his information private.

Why do you think you were set up? You think the bicyclist jumped into the walkway on purpose to get hit by you so that he could sue? I guess that's possible, but it doesn't seem likely. Do you have a really nice car? Or at least a new shiny car? If your car isn't new within the last two or three years (brand new, not just new to you) then I would doubt that you were set up.

I'd just go to traffic school and put the whole mess behind you. Otherwise you're just going to drag it out and it will cost you a lot more money. Plus, no one is sympathetic to a driver who hits someone who was not in a car. You'll have a really hard time finding a judge or a jury that would take your side.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It cant hurt to fight it. But it would probably be less of a hassle to just go to driving school
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 9:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• You can take driving school classes online. If you think they were wrong on the ticket then I'd fight that. If you were going 40 miles per hour around a corner and hit someone he'd more than likely be hurt pretty bad since you'd have to practically be on two wheels to make that turn! I guess it's all in what you are comfortable with.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I took the driving school and it was fun no kidding and your right the person I hit I may not win in court nor should I I was up set over the speed and no last name on the ticket that all.
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 5:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2010