emails

Why doesn't this site send you an email letting you know that you have mail here, some people may join and forget that they have since they don't receive emails saying that they have mail on Cafemom......

thanks,
Krista

taylorswiftfan

Asked by taylorswiftfan at 12:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Then that you'll have to take up with the CafeMom team, then.  If the dots are marked and you're not recieving the emails, it's either a CafeMom issue, or it's a yahoo issue.  I don't use my yahoo email for here, I use gmail and I always get my notification emails.  I don't know what else to tell you except send a message to the CafeMom team, and possibly Yahoo mail tech support.

SilverFire85

Answer by SilverFire85 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You can enable and disable that in your privacy settings.  Click the Personal Details button under your avatar, then on the left hand side, click the link that says Privacy + Settings, then Email Preferences.  There you can set all the alerts and digests you want to recieve.

SilverFire85

Answer by SilverFire85 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• yes but what I mean is something sent to my yahoo email so that I know that I have mail here I don't see that anywhere
    taylorswiftfan

Answer by taylorswiftfan at 1:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It's there.  Down at the bottom, where all the "dots" are under Alerts, Digests and None.  Alerts means you'll recieve an email when the selected action occurs.  Such as the one that says "New Private Messages".  If the dot is marked under Alerts next to that one, you should recieve an email  when someone sends you a message. 

SilverFire85

Answer by SilverFire85 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You should also check the box next to where it says "CafeMom Alerts/Digest".

SilverFire85

Answer by SilverFire85 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I get messages almost everyday but I don't receive any emails and I have the dots marked
    taylorswiftfan

Answer by taylorswiftfan at 2:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I edit my spam settings on yahoo, and then realized they were going to my spam folder and now I added the address to my book and am now gettting the emails........:)
    taylorswiftfan

Answer by taylorswiftfan at 8:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2008