So annoyed! She's 9 and there her books, toys and clothes are just everywhere!

=(

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 3:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• My girls are 5 and 3 and they leave there stuff everywhere, before we do anything I tell them to clean up. I am there mom not a maid. Sometimes there dad lets them go to sleep without cleaning up but the next morning before they get to do anything and I'm making breakfast. Like I said, I'm there mom not there maid.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:38 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• When my oldest son would pull this on me I would take trash bags into his room and use one for his toys,one for his clothes,one for his books and so on. I would tie the bags up and place them in my closet where he could not see them. Now mind you I did this on trash day. When he came into his room looking for his stuff he would panic and ask what happend to all of his stuff. I told him I cleaned it up and put everything into trash bags,,,I just assumed you no longer wanted any of it so I took care of it for you. He was stunned and didn't know what to say. I only allowed him to panic for about an hour before I brought out his stuff in the bags. I had to do this 4 times before he finally caught on that one day mom might just actually throw my stuff out! No he didnt keep his room spotless,,,what kid does?...but he kept it tidy and if he started slipping up I would give him one warning and that was all it took. :)
    XandersMommy37

Answer by XandersMommy37 at 3:51 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i would first make sure that there is a specific place for everything. make it easy for her room to stay tidy...then i would remind her once a day to clean it, if by the end of the day it was not clean, then i would remove privileges.
    i think it may be easier said than done : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Personally I use the trash bag routine mentioned above, and I HAVE thrown things away!
    Maggiemae4

Answer by Maggiemae4 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I feel your pain. My daughter is 9 and her room is a disaster. I ground her and take away priveleges until it gets cleaned up.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 3:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• use the trash bag.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I woke up today and she already made her bed! I hope she will continue to do this.
    LavenderRose10

Comment by LavenderRose10 (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010