Insect bites

I live in middle Tennessee,moved here from Michigan a year ago. Last year I was plagued with these awful bites on my legs and arms,I would wake up with them and for the life of me have no idea what bit me. Now I am having the same problem this year. They are about the size of dimes to quarter size,red and inflamed and itch like nothing I have ever expierenced in my life! Some of the bites turn into what I can only describe as clear fluid filled that break and just itch like mad. Funny thing is though I am the only one getting bit. It takes almost a week for the bites to go away. I have used calamine,bendryl cream and pills,aveeno,witch hazel,baking soda,you name it I think I have tried it and no relief. Now I keep getting told they are chigger bites however there are these little flying bugs that look something like knats that bite as well. any advice on how to stop the itching would be wonderful! Thank you!

XandersMommy37

Asked by XandersMommy37 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Health

• Could it be bedbugs? Sounds exactly how a friend of mine described them...she went to Europe one year and encountered some bed bugs. But apparently they are quite common.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 3:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Oatmeal bath. Also spray bug off on your bed spreads and self before going to bed. There is a last resort remedy of using vinegar on the bites. It works but smells awful.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Sounds like bed bugs to me
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2010