I clean and clean...I want an organized house but it just seems impossible if...

I'm the only one doing it and another child. The other two (dd1 and hubby) are just ugh.......I'm exhausted and angry! Art supplies, books, toys, clothes, shoes, socks! It's all around the house! I am not their maid and I hate doing this. I don't mind cleaning but this is just too much!!!

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 3:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in About CafeMom

• same here i just clean and organize through out the night & day mainly at night
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 3:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I get frustrated cleaning up after the kids, but downright ticked off picking up after hubby 'cus he's a grown man! So ... no advice. I literally just throw his mess in his corner of the bedroom now!
    unsuspected

Answer by unsuspected at 3:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would set specific chores for the kids. As a child, I would help my mom clean, and others around my house would be slobs... and it was unfair to me and my mom. If you had set chores, like the kids do dishes and take turns, then it wouldn't be so hard for you to maintain the rest on your own.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:05 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• For my kids, I bought toy shopping carts and toy boxes. Anything they wanted, they had to pick up, put into their shopping carts and deposit into their toy boxes. Whatever was left, Mommy (me) would pick up and put into a "donation" box. After crying about me giving their toys away, they learned very quickly to pick up their stuff. As for my hubby, after talking with him about pitching in, I told him I would show him better than I could tell him. I'd go on strike and leave, as soon as he returned from work. I refused to allow him to relax, after coming home from work, thereby putting me on overtime. As a SAHM, I found that the hours sucked and the benefits were questionable. He soon learned how to cook, clean, check homework and braid his daughter's hair! I refuse to major in minors and I'm not gonna be stupid by denying my wifely responsibilities, i.e., sex.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:39 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I completely understand, by this time. I would have honestly thrown a fit and woken everyone up to clean there mess and/or to help pick up. I hate my house being a mess and having to clean up after others. I love my husband but sometimes he acts just like my kids, which can be hard, hes a great husband but he has his kid days. If you leave it alone tonight just have a conversation with him tomorrow and let him know that its not fair and your kids too. Especially the 9 year old she is definetly old enough to know and have better sense.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I feel with you, sometimes I just lose my temper and feel like a maid too!! I do eveything around the house, I'm trying to get my toddler to help me clean up his play area by at least picking the toys up,, sometimes he does it, sometimes he is so stubborn and I end up doing it myself to get over with it!!

My husband isnt much of a help either!

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 5:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I feel you. I have three kids feels like four, and an endless mound of chores.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• With DD1 pick up all her stuff around the house and dump it in her room and shut the door. (I f she is old enough to clean herself. DH tell hin you will start tossing his stuff in the trash if he does not pick his stuff up.

Answer by louise2 at 7:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I know how you feel. I work full time just like my husband, but guess who seems to be stuck with most of the household chores??? He does the most of the laundry, but I cook, clean up the kitchen after each meal, clean the bathrooms, clean up after the dog, I help the kids pick up after themselves, I vaccum, I..... well, you get the idea. I have had about enough
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I understand how you feel. It used to be like that for me. I talked to my husband about it after geting upset a few times. He is getting better at picking up after himself. When he forgets I wait for him to come home and ask him where does this belong and he'll pick it up. My daughter is starting to lean to clean up. The sad thing is he'll be the first one to invite guess over. He doesn't seem to understand it look bad on us inviting people to a dirty house.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 7:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2010