My fiance dislikes my moms side of the family?

My fiancé dislikes my family, except my dad’s side. He will not go to any family functions for my mom’s side of the family because he dislikes them so much. I’m 1 ½ months pregnant and I don’t want this to go into after the baby comes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• You have to come to a compromise. Compromise is the key in a good relationship. My husband can't stand my step-mom, but I love her dearly. So there are certain things I don't expect him to do. Just like if you hated part of his family, you wouldn't want him to force you to hang out with them. But, you would be respectful of him and his relationship with said relative. I think you can demand that he be kind and respectful, but not force him to attend family functions. Or find out who he has the problem with and promise you'll run interference if he does go.

P.S. Sometimes bribes work too. ;)

evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 1:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008