Have you had your tubes tied? How have your periods been since your surgery? adult content

I had my tubes tied 3 months ago at the delivery of my youngest. I haven't had a period yet. I am breastfeeding, BUT with my other kids I breastfed as well and always had my first period before the post partum bleeding was even done. I'm kinda freaking out that this could be a side effect. I've had some light spotting, just barely pink for about 4 days last week, but no where near a normal period ... although I had the cramping, bloating and general UGH feeling of a normal period.
I know it sounds crazy, but I miss Aunt Flow and want to get back to normal!

unsuspected

Asked by unsuspected at 3:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Health

• It is normal just give it more time if your nursing maybe another month but it will come back to normal or call your doctor and ask him or her and see what she says I just takes time for your body get back to where it was.
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 4:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes, I've had my tubes tied. I had regular to light periods, since the operation. Breast feeding played a HUGE part in my menstrual cycles. Sometimes I had absolutely no period to very light ones. I think you're worrying unnecessarily. Be grateful just to have a period and not being pregnant. Assuming, of course, that you're not trying to get pregnant. And no, you don't sound crazy. Your feelings are valid, not right or wrong.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My doctor warned me about my first period and that it would be heavy. It was very heavy.. I'd call & m ake sure all is ok..
    halleyquinn

Answer by halleyquinn at 9:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2010