What to put in a glass jar/bowl????

I am doing some redecorating & bought one of those glass blow type things with the lid on it (has a pointy top). Now what to put in it? I am decorating in orange / brown/ red etc. I have used beads / marbles for so long, was looking for something different. It is for the bathroom. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Scented potpourri, fill the bottom with colored sand and add a large pillar candle, fill the entire jar with different layers of colored sand that match your color scheme, or fill with water and add a single Beta fish! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• You could get colored bath gels or use flowers.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 8:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Fake Fall leaves.
    MyGirlParadise

Answer by MyGirlParadise at 8:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Small decorative bath soaps.

Answer by Bmat at 8:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• the craft store has some sets of "potpouri" that are different types of large balls and other natural-ish objects, they have lots of different color sets. They're near the candles and stuff.

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• There are awesome floating oil lamps that I use in a big shallow dish. I fill them with the color oil that compliments how I am decorating, then fill the bowl with water, sometimes colored sand or stones at the bottom, and fresh flower heads in between.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• get foam balls and wrap them in different colored twine
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I put in all the little soaps that I collected from the hotels I stayed in on vacations. I added some colored bath loofahs & It looks really pretty. I love those glass jars!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:19 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Well if it is going in the bathroom, I second the potpourri idea! Or you can do small knick knacks to match a theme (like seashells for beach).
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• A siamese fighting fish - they are so pretty and easy to care for.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010