Vacation Bible School - Offering?

Does your vacation bible school take offering? If yes, do they at least tell you about it before hand?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 8:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• idk..my ds didn't mention it. and of course, he didn't go prepared for it, either.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:38 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Ours does, and we do send a note home about it at the beginning of the week. We have a contest to see who (boys or girls) brings the most change by weight. All the money collected goes to the local crisis pregnancy center. We also collect canned goods on one day to donate to our local food bank (we also put that in the note that is sent home the first night).
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• The VBS my kids attended did not, they are all run a little differently since they are put on by the individual churches,

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Ours does not. But then again I have attended others that did and we have a Benefactor of sorts that just pays for almost everything we do as far as outreach goes. I have never allowed my chidren to give at VBS and have tried to discourage churches that do it. I just don't think children as young as 4 should carry money to church at VBS time.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Ours used to, but I don't think they do any more. The offering was given to missions and was not to defray cost of the VBS.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• no...in fact ive never even heard of that.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• At ours there is a fee of $25, but all you have to do is say that it is a hardship for you and they waive it.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Our church collected cans for the food pantry. My old church did different missions each year and collected funds towards it. It was 100% voluntary. No one was forced to donate.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 5:15 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• when my older kids were little I let them go to VBS and they came home asking for money to take because they were in a competition to see what class brought the most money... I thought that was tacky..why is it always about money when not once did Jesus ask for money but his needs were met....
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010